What does long-term care mean?
Long-term care services may be provided in a variety of settings:
- at home,
- through adult day care,
- in a retirement home,
- in an assisted-living setting,
- in a long-term care facility.
Services may include:
- nursing care
- rehabilitation and therapy
- personal care (help with activities of daily living such as dressing, eating and bathing)
- homemaking services (cleaning, laundry, preparing meals)
- having another person there to watch over you and help you when and where you need it